cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heath1

Create app from template using Community Plan - no way to "Deploy sample apps and data"

I'm using a Power Apps Community Plan and trying to create an app using the Asset Checkout template. When I click on the template a pop-up tells me I need a CDS database with the option "Deploy sample apps and data" enabled. This was not an option when creating my personal environment and I don't have permission to create a new environment - not even a trial environment. In the admin centre I can click "+ NEW" and go through the steps of creating an environment, but when clicking "Save" i receive the error "The user does not have a license that allows environment creation. Request ID: 06b61d49-eb3f-4f2d-b805-5db206311a42."

Is there any way to import the sample app data to the database that was created when activating my Community Plan license? 

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Heath1 :

It is not difficult to deploy the sample data, but I am afraid that even if the sample data is deployed, it will still ask you to create a new environment(I've made a test).

About how to Install Sample Data:

1. Make sure you have the System Administrator security role or equivalent permissions.

Check your security role

• Follow the steps in View your user profile.

• Don’t have the correct permissions? Contact your system administrator.

2. Sign into the Power Platform admin center

3. Select Environments in the left navigation pane, select your environment, and then select Settings on the top menu bar.

4. Select Data management to expand the category, then select Sample data.

5. A message appears that tells you whether the sample data is installed.

6. Select an action at the bottom of the screen:

• Remove Sample Data, and then select Close.
    • Install Sample Data, and then select Close.
    • To close the screen without making changes, just select Close.

Install or uninstall Sample Data 

Finally, my suggestion is to buy a license to create an environment.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,861)