cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

PCF translation for the control name bug?

I have a PCF of type dataset, and I have translated the name of my component.

<control ... display-name-key="ORBIS_MySpecialName"  ... >
I've added the key "ORBIS_MySpecialName" to my resx files.
I even see the translated name when I am in customizing.
When the PCF is used, since I have a PCF of type dataset, the user is allowed to switch back an forth between the "Read Only Grid" and my PCF using the "Show As" ribbon flyout. My problem is that there my PCF-Name is not translated: the user sees there "ORBIS_MySpecialName". 
This is a bug, right?
Kind regards,
Diana

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thank you for sharing on the community Forum.

This issue need to be analyzed in depth, it would be fine to create a support ticket for more investigation.

To submit your next support request, check out our new Dynamics 365 Help + Support Portal. The portal is easy to use and provides a support experience tailored to the needs of Dynamics customers. Dynamics 365 administrators can access the portal at admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com.

Hi @jekakou ,

Thank you for the answer!

Since the customer is ok with not translating the name of the control, I used the english name, and could move on for now.

So the issue cannot be reproduced in my system right now.

Because some older experience with the partner support, I'm afraid I will spend a lot of hours in calls. If you tell me, it's not like that anymore, I'll give it a try, but otherwise, the issue is not that big to take the risk.

For future support issues on Dynamics 365 Help + Support Portal, maybe you can tell me which ProblemType to choose from the list for reporting PCF issues: it's a huge list, and some of the types has some dependent required options to fill in.

I just thought it's a general issue, that you should know. If it's only in my system, than it's not a big deal, since is only a dev system.

Kind regards,

Diana

Hello @DianaBirkelbach  

We didn't see this thread yet on our side. we will be glad to help you if you have this issue again.

The correct team who is handling supports for PCF  under : Dynamics 365 customer Engagement -> Customization and Solutions -> Working with Solutions

Best Regards

Hi @jekakou ,

I see. I'll open a support issue as soon as I can. 

Thank you 🙂

Kind regards,

Diana

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (6,650)