Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattlin
Regular Visitor

How to get a attribute of UI element?

Hi Community,
I have a problem with my ongoing case.

When adding UI elements in Chorme, the whole webpage will be identified as a document.
When adding UI elements in Edge, the login function will be identified as a iframe.
I can't control UI element to login.

But the webpage can be logged in with IE. I can add the whloe webpage as a UI element, and see an attribute names authkey. If I get the authkey after everytime I logged in, I can add it to the URL of Chrome or Edge, and then I can proceed to the next steps.

Is there any function to get the attributes(authkey) of UI elements?

3 REPLIES 3
Ahammad_Riyaz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @mattlin ,

Please check weather extension is done in chrome or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Usually when it's not possible to capture UI elements (when dealing with iframes, for instance), the best approach IMHO is using a mix of navigating by images to select fields (using desktop recorder with images) and 'Send Keys' actions to fill them.

See, as reference, Images - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Long term I think it's more trustworthy than depend on IE, a browser that will go out of support in 2022.

Also, you can try the alternatives presented in this page: Handle iframes on a web page - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Hi Ahammad_Riyaz,

The extension of Chrome has done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,904)