cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Trying Finding the Root Cause for - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'.

Hi Flow Experts,

I have a flow that will be trigger on "Create of New item in SharePoint  List"

Error - The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'When_an_item_is_created' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetOnNewItems' is missing required property 'body/value/0/Title'.'

VijayTailor_0-1592814218949.png

Please provide your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance/

45 REPLIES 45

Good thought @shaikha92. The setting below on the title field should help mitigate the problem during data entry. From current experience the value does not need to be unique.

mtiscia_0-1623047696278.png

yes, although its a required by default I've seen where some users change in the settings to hide it and make it optional field then causes problems later such as in migration to SPO. It's a good practice to always use it. For me I'm using it for storing custom request reference ID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still could not get the point, since I am an new user to power platform.

Please could u elaborate and show me.

here's how to find your title field: 

1. Go to your SharePoint list

2. Click the gear icon and select List Settings

3. go to columns and select any column to edit

4. check the url in the browser it should be like this:

shaikha92_0-1623050695295.png

repeat on all columns until you identify the title field, then in make sure all items in the list has value in their Title column. Hope its clear now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @shaikha92 ,

Its very clear and I am able to get want went wrong.

Thanks for the solution.😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution is, make sure the title column row for that get Items is not not empty.

Thanks for this, this was the real issue to solve the error above. For some reason a blank line was in sharepoint causing the malfunction of the flow.

MarkBandR
Super User
Super User

I spent quite a bit of time tracking this issue down. In the List/Library Settings, the root cause of the error "missing required property" may be hidden if "Allow management of content types?" is set to Yes in Advanced Settings.

Go to Advanced Settings and change "Allow management of content types?" to No. Look at your list of Columns. Look for any field that is marked Required. Regardless of how you have set up for your Content Types for your list, Power Automate will be looking for the Required fields at this level. For any field that you do not want to be required, edit the field, and set "Require that this column contains information" to "No". (You can still set this column to be Required in the Content Type, but Power Automate is checking at this level.) After clearing the Required fields, go back to "Advanced settings" and set "Allow management of content types?" back to "Yes".

You can set the Required fields in your Content Types now and it will not affect your Flows.

In troubleshooting this I have found that you still may not be done. You need to open the Power Automate Flow and re-save it. This will ensure that the Flow has picked up which fields are required. If you still find that the Flow is not running because it thinks a field is Required, you may need to re-select the list in the Trigger and re-save the Flow.

ManiLive
Advocate I
Advocate I

Looks like Microsoft has fixed this issue with SharePoint - Get Items action.  I came across this issue recently with an old flow. 

When I created a new flow with the same action, the issue did not appear, even though I had a record with an empty Title value.

Thank you! This works like a charm. But so hassle coz I had to rework all of the flows.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I had the same problem, turning off pagination doesnt fix the problem. You probably have a required field that is empty in one of your records. The last word in the error will indicate the problem column, mine was 'body/value/27/Email' I had 2 records with blank Email, pagination just meant my flow did reach that record so it seemed like that was problem, after deleting the records i could turn pagination back on is worked again.

Chhannoo

Hello!

I had same issue and the message in thread has helped me solved the problem.

In my case trigger was create a new item. I had created an approval flow and as a result of approval I wanted to update "status" field. 

The issue was, I had made title field hidden as it was of no use for user. When I made it visible and entered a value on it flow started working. 

Thank you, @rohsh354 .
I've recreated the flow from the scratch and it works now.

Raviteja1992
Regular Visitor

Hi ,

I Faced Same Issue. but I Found Solution  Select  Nested Items is "Yes"  in Get Items List. and Create Item you have to mention Title name . then The flow will execute. sharepoint.png

Thank you very much! One of my flows was creating Items without a title value and it was occasionally causing a separate flow to fail. Thank you, thank you.

George2022
Regular Visitor

This product is very buggy! 

erosenfeld
Regular Visitor

@mtiscia's insights worked for me. I got the error when the result set for Get Items SharePoint action returned an item with a blank / empty Title field value. I performed the following actions to mitigate the bug in the Get Items action:

1. Updated the Flow that creates list items to always include some default value for the Title field
  2. Updated the existing list items whose Title field values were blank to the default value in the Flow that creates new list items.

I would say that this is a workaround rather than a solution. The solution would be for Microsoft to fix the bug in the Get Items SharePoint action to not error out when returning a list item whit an empty Title field value.

I was using a scheduled trigger (not a File Creation). But the same solution worked. Removed it and put it back in and it worked again.

ndelvalle

Buenas tardes.

A mi me daba el error:

The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Obtener_archivos_(solo_propiedades)' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetFileItems' is missing required property 'body/value/0/Referencia'.'

Solución: Borrar o rellenar campos de Referencia que esten vacios. Si el campo Referencia no tiene datos, dara el error arriba indicado. 

Which action you had to delete the action? i had the same problem

Helpful resources

Announcements

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Check Out the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community.  We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Welcome to the Power Automate Community

You are now a part of a fast-growing vibrant group of peers and industry experts who are here to network, share knowledge, and even have a little fun.   Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources:   Welcome to the Community   News & Announcements: The is your place to get all the latest news around community events and announcements. This is where we share with the community what is going on and how to participate.  Be sure to subscribe to this board and not miss an announcement.   Get Help with Power Automate Forums: If you're looking for support with any part of Power Automate, our forums are the place to go. From General Power Automate forums to Using Connectors, Building Flows and Using Flows.  You will find thousands of technical professionals, and Super Users with years of experience who are ready and eager to answer your questions. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Power Automate community forums. Make sure you conduct a quick search before creating a new post because your question may have already been asked and answered. Galleries: The galleries are full of content and can assist you with information on creating a flow in our Webinars and Video Gallery, and the ability to share the flows you have created in the Power Automate Cookbook.  Stay connected with the Community Connections & How-To Videos from the Microsoft Community Team. Check out the awesome content being shared there today.   Power Automate Community Blog: Over the years, more than 700 Power Automate Community Blog articles have been written and published by our thriving community. Our community members have learned some excellent tips and have keen insights on the future of process automation. In the Power Automate Community Blog, you can read the latest Power Automate-related posts from our community blog authors around the world. Let us know if you'd like to become an author and contribute your own writing — everything Power Automate-related is welcome.   Community Support: Check out and learn more about Using the Community for tips & tricks. Let us know in the Community Feedback  board if you have any questions or comments about your community experience. Again, we are so excited to welcome you to the Microsoft Power Automate community family. Whether you are brand new to the world of process automation or you are a seasoned Power Automate veteran - our goal is to shape the community to be your 'go to' for support, networking, education, inspiration and encouragement as we enjoy this adventure together.     Power Automate Community Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Users online (4,742)