cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

use flow with a second email

I have a service account to which i have several email aliases dircted. I added that service account as an account in my O365 email (outlook).

That mailbox will not show as one from which i can create a flow. 

In advanced settings, i can try and add thie service account, which seems to work, but then it just adds yet another instance of my account.

Has anyone been able to create flows from emails in a secondary account in your Outlook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: use flow with a second email

Solution found:

Can't believe i didn't think of this.

Signed into FLOW as the secondary account. totally forgot that i could sign into O365 with this account, while i could not sign into it interactively on our network. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BarbaraSelden,

When using the connector Office 365 Outlook, a specific user is asked. So if you are using the trigger “When a new email arrives” or the action “Send an email”, you are asked to login with a specific account.

I would suggest you use the trigger “When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox” and the action “Send an email from shared mailbox”. Please try to fill the Mailbox Address with the service account email address to see if it will work for you.

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I did try that, and it didn't work.

Additionally, i tried to do it from my own email account, and i could not get the test to work. I saw in another thread that VSTS isn't really supported yet? is that accurate?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Solution found:

Can't believe i didn't think of this.

Signed into FLOW as the secondary account. totally forgot that i could sign into O365 with this account, while i could not sign into it interactively on our network. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,860)