Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

[Flow Creation] - Conditional Flow - Approvers

Hello All!

I want to create a flow to multiple approvers:

If the requestor is A, Approvers are B, then C.

If the requestor is M, Approvers are N, then O

I need to create a list of the approvers, then associate it to the flow?

Can you help me on step by step on creating this flow? I searched on google and it only showed me Sharepoint designer flows...

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: [Flow Creation] - Conditional Flow - Approvers

Hi @Lucas_Goncalves 

Can you share more details on this? Where is your data of requesters and approvers being stored? What is the tirgger that you are using to trigger the approval? 

If the data is on sharepoint, you can map the user to approvers by creating the column and allowing the requestor to select the approver. 

If it is manager relation type, and you have O365 configured, you can use the get manager and create the next action steps. 

And if you just want to do it within flow, you can create arrays - 1. Requestors and 2. Approvers and add apply to each conrols to iterate over each requestor and assign the particular approvers. 

If you can share more details about this, we might be able to assist you better. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hello, I will place a Button of choice so the user needs to select area´s of work.

Example:

Sellers need to select the area´s of work (so system can select the approvers).

Seller select Area 1, so system will assing workflow´s task to supervisor 1, then if approved, manager area 1, and if approved then country´s director.

If Seller select Area 2, then supervisor 2, manager area 1 and country´s director.

If Seller select Area 3, then Supervisor 3 and manager area 2.

And so on.

The area´s approval will be on a excel file.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Excel file info:

Columns:

Seller name | Site area | Approver lvl 1 | E-mail approver lvl 1 | Approver lvl 2 | E-mail approver lvl 2 | 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lucas_Goncalves ,

Your flow is based on Excel file. If so, I am afraid you cannot use trigger likes When an item is created.

For a selected row is the only available trigger For Excel online.

Further, if you want to send out the request to corresponding approvers according to the selected Area, please consider using Switch cases.

I have set up a flow likes below for your reference. You could add more cases if you have many Areas.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel         

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hello! Sorry for late reply!

I was waiting confirmation on the updated flow approval but user still did not repplied to me. As soon as they repply I will post here

BUT I have another flow I´m creating, with the flow below, which might have same answer to it

Please note that, there is a step where only one person will approve, other 3 person will receive the task but if one of them approves, the process go on, also there is a conditional task (if the price is above or below 10 US, the fow changes the approvers

Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.everyone approves, the order MATTERS! Conditional on valueAnyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.everyone approves, the order MATTERS! Conditional on value Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.Anyone approves, no matter the order.
TaisBrian OR Ramón OR Laura TaísRECEIVABLE (2 persons)

RECEIVABLE (2 persons) and Katia (IF iten is under 10 U$) OR

RECEIVABLE (2 persons), Katia and Marcos (IF iten is above 10,01 U$)

AP (1 group e-mail)Tais

Larissa OR Maria OR Daiana-> 

Then

Acount payable (1 group e-mail) ->

Then

Jeane OR Daniele

RECEIVABLE (2 persons) and Katia (IF iten is under 10 U$) OR

RECEIVABLE (2 persons), Katia and Marcos (IF iten is above 10,01 U$)

AP (1 group e-mail)TaisRECEIVABLE (2 persons)-> CarolinaRECEIVABLE (2 persons)Tais
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lucas_Goncalves ,

Have you tried the flow configuration I suggested?

Does it work for your scenario?

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hello Yamao!

Sorry, I´m new in flow and learning step by step.

I just got sucessfull on e-mail reminder flow (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Document-Expiration-reminder-ExpColumn-ExpDate-do...) and now I´m challeging myself on workflow approval.

Can you drawn step by step 2 type of flows, 2 lvls and I will try to build it the extensive one I showed up? The example you shown me was not enought to get it doing.

Example 1: approval 1 - 1 e-mail/user, when approved, then 3 e-mail/users (anyone approving, no matter the order) then the flow ends.

Example 2: approval 2 - 1 e-mail/user, when approved, IF the column "VALUE" is below 100.000,00, then user "Maria" should approve. IF the column is above 100.000,01, then user "Maria" and "Brian" needs to approve, on this order.

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hello! Any news? Need your support...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,841)