Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EpicTriffid
Resolver I
Resolver I

Delegation errors on collections?!

Hi there,

So in order to bypass delegation, I have used a collections to house my lookup lists and datasets. However, I just looked on the monitor, and I'm getting a massive amount of delegation warnings where I have used that collected, all with the same message:

"This function can be delegated but the selection formula used prevented the datasource from processing the query.It might not work correctly on large data sets and an incorrect result might be returned.The data row limit for non-delegable queries defined in the app settings is 2000."

I was under the impression this wouldn't occur when using un-delegable formulas against a collection. As far as im aware, I'm not even interacting with the raw datasource, only the collection! Any help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have resolved this. I was saving my lists to variables rather than collection, so the function wasn't being delegated. I change "SET" to "CLEARCOLLECT" and this has solved the problem. My mistake.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Can you show the code that is giving the error?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Both

If(
    CountRows(wlmSupervisors) = 1, 40,
    CountRows(wlmSupervisors) = 2, 70,
    CountRows(wlmSupervisors) > 12, 349,
    CountRows(wlmSupervisors) * 32 + 10)

and

LookUp(supportRoles,Role='Role Dd_1'.SelectedText.Value,Max_x0020_Hours) * staffSelected.FTE

give me the error about being non delegable despite them operating on collections.

Can anyone help with this? Its becoming quite a problem

I have resolved this. I was saving my lists to variables rather than collection, so the function wasn't being delegated. I change "SET" to "CLEARCOLLECT" and this has solved the problem. My mistake.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (66,376)