cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carterprine
Helper II
Helper II

Display value from lookup list column when item is selected in PowerApps

I have a PowerApp that connects to my "Change Requests" list. It displays a table of the current outstanding requests. When the user clicks on each request in the table, more information about the entry is displayed in a section next to the table, using labels. One of the labels displayed in the 'more info' section is from a lookup column using: Text(FullfillmentRequestTbl.Selected.'Site'.Value)

**Here's where it gets a little tricky...

Is it possible to add a label that pulls a value from another column in the related 'Site' lookup list? Therefore, if the user clicks a request in the table, PowerApps should know that since the selected item's Site Id=94, it should display Site 94's column B, which is only stored in the secondary list (the lookup list), and not the primary request list.

I have both lists connected to my app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @carterprine ,

The formula syntax should be like this:

LookUp('SP list 2', ID=Table.Selected.'LookUpColumn'.Id).'target column'

In your case, the code: 

LookUp('Reporting ...', ID=FullfillmentRequestTbl.Selected.'Site'.Id).'ERP Instance 1'

Please try it on to see if your issue is fixed.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @carterprine ,

You can absolutely do it as below:

1. In details table select the field or control where you want to show the URL from other list
  2. Unlock that control
  3. Default value of the Lable as below

LookUP(secondSPList,ID=gallery.selected.ID,siteURLcolumnfromlist2)​

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Thanks so much for your help. Sorry, I'm not certain that I phrased the question very well. 

Where I have list 1, which has a lookup column "Site RU":

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.26.39 PM.png

Here, when we click on the "Site RU" item in list 1, we see in list 2, we have the ERP Instance 1 column:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.27.09 PM.png

App screen:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.33.14 PM.png

Hi @carterprine ,

The formula syntax should be like this:

LookUp('SP list 2', ID=Table.Selected.'LookUpColumn'.Id).'target column'

In your case, the code: 

LookUp('Reporting ...', ID=FullfillmentRequestTbl.Selected.'Site'.Id).'ERP Instance 1'

Please try it on to see if your issue is fixed.

Sik

Thank you @v-siky-msft ! You are awesome. That worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,513)