cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hetvik
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic columns in table or grid view in canvas app

Just want to check if this is possible or not .

Is there any property for auto generate columns or any way to achieve below requirement.

I would like to a create a dynamic table view / grid view in PowerApps.

1 .I have a table in data verse with 10 columns and want to view the data in table / grid view in PowerApps

2. In future additional 5 columns will be added to the table in data verse and i want to view those columns in the PowerApps without modifying the PowerApps.

The PowerApps should automatically read the additional columns and render the new columns.

If required can maintain other table to decide what columns can be visible or hidden. 

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Hetvik ,'

It is not possible to either dynamically create columns or view new columns without coding Power App to do this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Hetvik ,'

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi WarrenBelz

I didn't get the result .

Approach 1 : tried querying the table got in collection and removing the unwanted columns ,but dropcolumns function only accepts hardcoded string names for columns ,so this approach didn't work as i would know the column names at runtime

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,163)