cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to CSV -- new file for every export

Hello All,

Currently, I am able to export the gallery contents to a .csv file without any issues (using Flow). I have hardcoded the  OneDrive path for the file creation. The file name is CSV.

I have the following requirements...

1) For each export, there should be a new file created

2) I should be able to parameterize the OneDrive path, so that, upon publishing my app to others, the export functionality should create the files for  them in their respective One Drive folders.

Kindly advise if the above scenarios could be handled. Any inputs/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mahesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Simply use "Ask in Power Apps for all parameters.

WarrenBelz_0-1615444906779.png

Start your file path "\folder1\folder2\ . . ." If the folder exists, it will be used otherwise it will be created. You will have to work out your file naming protocols for the new file each time - I generally use 

Text(Now(),"hhmmss")

on the end of the file name.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Simply use "Ask in Power Apps for all parameters.

WarrenBelz_0-1615444906779.png

Start your file path "\folder1\folder2\ . . ." If the folder exists, it will be used otherwise it will be created. You will have to work out your file naming protocols for the new file each time - I generally use 

Text(Now(),"hhmmss")

on the end of the file name.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thanks for your response !

I have been able to sort out the file naming issue. Now for every export, a new file is now getting generated.

I am working on the generic folder setup. Once that is done, I should be able to accept your response as a solution.

Please give me some time for the same.

Regards,

Mahesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,645)