cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomi_puheet

Fields disappear from entity editor

After adding some fields through the entity editors fields list (model-driven app) all old fields disappeared from that list. They are still visible through the Dataverse table view and can be used in forms and views. But they are no longer visible in the entity editors field list.

Might this be some kind of bug or is there a way to return those fields to the entity editors list?

The only thing I can think of is that the application was packaged as an unmanaged solution and imported to this environment. Those disappearing fields are part of that solution but those fields that are currently shown have been added later. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my problem, but I decided to add that detail just in case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tomi_puheet

Support helped with this. The fields are still not visible from entity editor, but the workaround was to view and edit them from CRM admin views. So if anyone else has the same problem, that seems to be the way to work around this issue. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomi_puheet :

Please set this option to "All" and check if these fields appear again.

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Bof

tomi_puheet

No. Fields are shown as they should on the table view as in your screenshot. However, they are not visible on the entity view. I attached screenshots from entity view and table view (same table) for reference. 

Hi @tomi_puheet :

I've made a test but did not encountered the problem you mentioned:
1.JPG2.JPG

Could you tell me:

How do you open the entity view?

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft 

As mentioned I have a model driven app so I open the entity view from the main design window by selecting the entity and clicking edit (screenshot included). 

The problem only occurs with that one entity. Every other entity shows all fields without problems. And that one entity was showing all of the fields before. But when I added those two new fields, all of the other fields are no longer visible in that one entity. 

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomi_puheet :

I get it.You mean only this one entity has this problem, right?

Although I did the test in the way you described, I did not encounter the problem you mentioned.

1.JPG

I suggest you consider creating a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Bof

tomi_puheet

Support helped with this. The fields are still not visible from entity editor, but the workaround was to view and edit them from CRM admin views. So if anyone else has the same problem, that seems to be the way to work around this issue. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (24,006)