cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarathBabu1050
Frequent Visitor

Get Sharepoint list items to Canvas app

Hey guys! I have a challenge. I really don't have an idea of how to do it. The challenge is that there will be a Sharepoint list that will contain a list of records. These records will be a set of questions. Now how do I get these questions from the Sharepoint list and load a Form in Canvas app with these questions that I've fetched from Sharepoint. (The questions are records in the Sharepoint list and not column names)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User
5 REPLIES 5
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @SarathBabu1050 a connection to SharePoint and the list will give you access to the list. adding a gallery control will allow you to see all the questions in your question column, assuming you have a column with all the questions in it.

Assuming you have a column with 10 questions in it, this is what it will look like

rubin_boer_0-1635190977763.png

hope it helps,

R

Hey @rubin_boer , thank you for the idea. But the problem is I wanted to these questions in a form as I need text input for these questions. That is why I mentioned to load it in a Form in the question asked.
According to your suggestion, is it possible to load the gallery with textinputs and questions and later access these text input's value on a button click? If so how ?

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SarathBabu1050,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to list fetched records in a Form?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Actually, the Gallery could display all the records from the SP list, however the Form could only display a single record at a time. If you want to edit the questions, you could select any one you want to edit from the Gallery and then the form will load the specific record.

As @rubin_boer mentioned, you could add a Gallery directly and set the Items property as your SP list name. Set the Text property of the Label as each column name using:

ThisItem.QuestionName

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft ,

I get the fact that the records from Sharepoint list can be loaded into the Gallery as Items. The problem is that I need to capture the response to these questions from the sharepoint list.

The sharepoint list contains a set of questions, and these questions must be loaded into the canvas app. Now each of these questions require an answer to be provided from the canvas app. I dont know how I can do this functionality with the Gallery; Loading the questions into the Gallery Items label with ThisItem.QuestionName is not the problem, but capturing the answers to these individual questions is the problem.
So is there a way that I can load the Sharepoint list items into a Form so that an answer to each of the questions loaded, could be made in the form of a textInput or use the Gallery to achieve solution to the fore-mentioned problem.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,619)