Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efeewfew
Resolver I
Resolver I

Looking for a good way to save dynamic checklist information

Hello there!

I have a SharePoint list with questions for a checklist. The amount of questions is based on the project. The amount of questions is dynamic, so it can be different every time. 

I need to save the following for every questions;
-Ordernumber
-Suborder number
-Uniquenumber
-Vraag<number>Akkoord  (means if the question was true or false)
-Vraag<number>Memo    (they are able to type some text at each question, to explain why it's false, if needed)

I'm currently saving it on a way that I don't want. I created a SharePoint list and took 15 as the max amount of questions for now. 

efeewfew_2-1634971614599.png

So I literally created 30 columns to save the Vraag<number>Akkoord & Vraag<number>Memo for 15 questions max. When I have less questions, I just don't save that data and the columns will be empty.

Screenshot of the app so you might get an idea;

efeewfew_1-1634971156539.png

Any help is much appriciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @efeewfew ,

you create your json or csv scheme in order to show things dynamically. I try to give you an example.
I created a simple SharePoint list with two columns:

powercorner_0-1634991002586.png

And I created an simple form to create new SharePoint Items:

powercorner_1-1634991065645.png

The "Create Dataset" button creates our csv pattern:

Patch('Json Example';Defaults('Json Example');{Title:Title.Text;JSON:Concatenate(ID.Text;";";OrderNr.Text;";";TextInput1_2.Text;";";Q2_1.Text;";";Q2_2.Text;";";Q2_3.Text;";";Q2_4.Text;";";Q2_5.Text)})

And now we want to parse the data from the SharePoint Column back into the PowerApp. To do so I use the split function. On the picture below you can see two galleries. Gallery 1 shows you the direct output from the SharePoint. And I added a onselect which splits the "json/csv" into a collection "InfoTable". This collection is used in Gallery 2 to show the questions in detail. So it does not really make a difference how many questions you save in one SharePoint column because it is parsed dynamically.

powercorner_2-1634991309320.png

powercorner_3-1634991334271.png

powercorner_4-1634991355541.png

I hope this example helps you to understand how to work dynamically without adding additional columns in SharePoint.

With regards 

Kevin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
powercorner
Super User
Super User

Hello @efeewfew ,

if you want to make things dynamically you should consider using a json schema or an csv schema to parse your data in one string. 

So you would need only one column in SharePoint.

I try to make an example:

You could save this string in the SharePoint Column:

1;23223;34343;Glas beschadigingen?;true;; 2;23224;34344;Coating beschadigingen glasregel?;true

So the pattern is that you separate your info by a semicolon ";" and separate two datasets by a double semicolon ";;" you can use the string operation "split" to extract the data in your powerapp. 

I hope I could help you a bit? If you need further assistance do not hesitate to msg me. 🙂

With regards

Kevin

Thank you for your answer @powercorner 

What do I need a csv or json schema for, if I got the sharepoint? I could just split it like how you explained it right?

Hello @efeewfew ,

you create your json or csv scheme in order to show things dynamically. I try to give you an example.
I created a simple SharePoint list with two columns:

powercorner_0-1634991002586.png

And I created an simple form to create new SharePoint Items:

powercorner_1-1634991065645.png

The "Create Dataset" button creates our csv pattern:

Patch('Json Example';Defaults('Json Example');{Title:Title.Text;JSON:Concatenate(ID.Text;";";OrderNr.Text;";";TextInput1_2.Text;";";Q2_1.Text;";";Q2_2.Text;";";Q2_3.Text;";";Q2_4.Text;";";Q2_5.Text)})

And now we want to parse the data from the SharePoint Column back into the PowerApp. To do so I use the split function. On the picture below you can see two galleries. Gallery 1 shows you the direct output from the SharePoint. And I added a onselect which splits the "json/csv" into a collection "InfoTable". This collection is used in Gallery 2 to show the questions in detail. So it does not really make a difference how many questions you save in one SharePoint column because it is parsed dynamically.

powercorner_2-1634991309320.png

powercorner_3-1634991334271.png

powercorner_4-1634991355541.png

I hope this example helps you to understand how to work dynamically without adding additional columns in SharePoint.

With regards 

Kevin

View solution in original post

I think this will work great! I sadly only work on saturdays so I will let you know next week if I still got questions!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a test program and explaining it like that!

Hey there @powercorner 

I've been trying to get it to work the way I want but I've ran into a problem. I've figured out how to load the gallery dynamically using json. 

efeewfew_0-1636712652220.png

With the toggles, I can make a question true/false. I am now saving it like this;

efeewfew_1-1636712812633.png

Formula;

Patch(
    ChecklistProgress;
    LookUp(ChecklistProgress; UniekNummer = gekozenOrder);
    {
        VraagAkkoord: Concat(vragenGallery.AllItems; Text(Toggle2_1.Value); ",")
    } 
);;

So I got the patching right, but I have no idea how I am going to load the questions back in with the true/false. I think I need to make a collection of the true/false in my database and split it on "," and then I somehow need to connect the first "true" or "false" to the first index/item of the gallery, second one to the second one, etc.

Got any idea on how I can accomplish this? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,204)