cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulbeck1
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power App Components not working with Global variables used with Input properties

Problem:  Creating a new component with Input parameters.  When using the component and setting the custom input parameter with a variable, the value passes thru, as the variable is reset, the control does not update with the variable.  Replication Steps are recorded  in the 2 min 20 sec recording showing the issue.
https://www.pbeck.co.uk/2020/02/power-apps-component-potential-bug.html

Initial Hypothesis: I have a large Power App project that uses this technique a lot.  The global variable were working until Fri 14 Feb 2020.  I believe the Power Apps version has been updated and is causing the issue.  I have tried the work on multiple environments and tenants.  It is happening across them all.

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnels 

I have a home screen in my application and when I login I have a variable that receives the value of the user's name and is used within the application.

When I published the application, the variable appears worthless.

And in the development environment it works normally.

Could it be a bug in the system?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,710)