cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdubinsky
Level: Powered On

Reordering fields in form not working

I have a form in a Canvas app with ~40 data cards in it connected to a SP list. The form has snap to columns turned off.

1) Drag and drop appears to have been disabled with the latest update again (though sometimes I can get it to let me move a data card by clicking outside of the editting area and then clicking back in).

2) Reordering fields in the forms field menu will move fields, but they seem to have a mind of their own. I will move one field up a few spots then move another field up next to it. When I move the second field it reorders both of the fields back to their original places.

It is getting beyond frustrating not being able to reorder these fields/datacards, and I haven't been able to find anything helpful yet.

I have tried removing the entire form, adding in a new one, reconnecting the data source to it (which inturn adds all the fields), and I am still not able to just reorder the fields even though they are all the exact same dimensions.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Reordering fields in form not working

Have you tried changing the number of columns on the right properties bar for the form?

I always set mine to 12 which is max than I can resize and move more freely

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

cdubinsky
Level: Powered On

Re: Reordering fields in form not working

Yeah, I have tried all the different column number options, though I don't think it should really matter with snap to columns off.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,976)