Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divs0910
Helper I
Helper I

Responsiveness not working in containers in canvas app

Hi Team,

I am trying to build a responsive canvas app. I have added a container on a screen and added controls inside the container. Adjusted display settings and turned off the lock aspect ratio feature. Turned on wrap for horizontal container. But when I minimize the screen size the controls are not getting adjusted as per the screen size. I dont understand what the issue is. Please help me with this. I am struck here and not able to identify the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Divya

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

1. Did you turn off Lock Aspect Ratio or Scale to Fit?  For a responsive app you need to turn off Scale to Fit, which will also disable Lock Aspect Ratio.
  2. After adding the container did you adjust the Width and Height of the container to be relative to the Parent (Screen).  If you don't the container won't resize and controls won't move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

Thank you for the response. I forgot to add container width and height with respect to parent. Now I have added that and it's working now. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

1. Did you turn off Lock Aspect Ratio or Scale to Fit?  For a responsive app you need to turn off Scale to Fit, which will also disable Lock Aspect Ratio.
  2. After adding the container did you adjust the Width and Height of the container to be relative to the Parent (Screen).  If you don't the container won't resize and controls won't move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

Thank you for the response. I forgot to add container width and height with respect to parent. Now I have added that and it's working now. Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,803)