cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint form cannot display additional field form lookup column

In SharePoint list form, I set a column "Organization" which looks up data from another list.

In SP settings for that column, I also checked option "Add a column to show each of these additional fields", to get 1 additional column from that other list.

The additional column doesn't display in PowerApps form. I can see it in PowerApps designer, and option "visible" is "on", but it doesn't show in form when I publish.

Are these additional fields supported in PowerApps? If yes, are there some additional setting for them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try refreshing the data source.

There is another way with these field types in Power Apps. Connect to the data source that contains Grouping and have the field as (adjust list and field names if required)

Lookup(
   YourOtherList,
   'Owning Org' = ThisItem.'Owning Org',
   Grouping
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous ,

You are referring to a Lookup field in SharePoint.

As an example if your field was named Primary and the value in the additional field was Secondary and you put in a Gallery with your List as the data source, the Secondary field would be seen in the gallery as: 

ThisItem.Primary:Secondary.Value

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for the info. Yes, I am referring to Lookup field in SharePoint.

I probably did not explain my issue well - I see the additional field in SharePoint list, I see it in PowerApps in design view, but I don't see it in PowerApps live form. I am not sure why.

Is there some special setting for it?

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you say I see it in PowerApps in design view, but I don't see it in PowerApps live form what exactly do you mean.?

A strange quirk of the automatic field adding in forms is they seem to leave these out, but if you use "Add Field", you will see it in the list. I will display the same as other fields.

Is this what you are referring to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for replying. Let me try to explain this through screenshots.

I see field Owning Org: Grouping in design view (attachment "Design view") - that is the additional field. In design view, I set it to be visible in both view and edit mode.

In live form, however, I don't see this field at all (attachment "Live form").

I hope it makes sense now. Do you know why is this happening?

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is a SharePoint Integration from you have here? We are both talking about the same thing here regards the fields type. Have you gone into the "Customise Forms" in the PowerApps tab and made any edits?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Yes, this is a SharePoint integration.

I did make edits in "Customize forms", I set the field "Owning Org: Grouping" to be visible in both view and edit mode.

Do I need to make any additional change?

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous ,

I just did a test on this - if you just leave the form as PowerApps/SharePoint creates it, you are absolutely correct - it disappears.

I then made some changes to the form - just moved some controls around in the cards - used File > Save >Publish and then Back Arrow > Back to SharePoint and it now is both view and edit forms in read-only mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for all the help.

I tried moving around the elements on the form, and publishing again. Now it works, I see "Owning Org: Grouping".

However, field "Owning Org: Grouping" doesn't change when I select another value for "Owning Org". Only when I click "Save" and reopen the form, I can see updated value in "Owning Org: Grouping".

Is there a way to refresh "Owning Org: Grouping" dynamically, as I select different values in "Owning Org" dropdown?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try refreshing the data source.

There is another way with these field types in Power Apps. Connect to the data source that contains Grouping and have the field as (adjust list and field names if required)

Lookup(
   YourOtherList,
   'Owning Org' = ThisItem.'Owning Org',
   Grouping
)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,238)