cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mambiger
Frequent Visitor

The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold

Hi,

I am creating Power app form in one of the SharePoint lists.  When I try to run it, I get this error "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: NSR Test failed: The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold. clientRequestId: d261735b-d54f-466a-8889-e7db8fd8f4 serviceRequestId: d261735b-d54f-466a-8889-e7db8fd8f4".

Can you please let me know any solution for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mambiger 

I think they up'ed the limit to 12 some time ago, but it has never been an issue for me as we rarely use any lookup columns in a list.

Yes, the default form in SharePoint will handle it fine, but a customized PowerApp form will only handle the 8 (or 12 as I believe you are correct) lookup columns in it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mambiger 

You can only have a max of 8 lookup columns in your list.  This includes people columns.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Thanks for the reply @RandyHayes . I am creating custom form for adding a new record to a SharePoint list. It is working when adding new record with the default form. So, does that mean, if Power app has limitation of 8 lookups? I read in other posts that 12 is the limit.

Thanks,

Mahantesh

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mambiger 

I think they up'ed the limit to 12 some time ago, but it has never been an issue for me as we rarely use any lookup columns in a list.

Yes, the default form in SharePoint will handle it fine, but a customized PowerApp form will only handle the 8 (or 12 as I believe you are correct) lookup columns in it.

@RandyHayes 

Any way to incorporate 12+ lookups in custom forms power apps?

Thanks,

Mahantesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,184)