cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create custom connector for REST api

First off I have been able to connect to a similar REST api maybe two weeks ago.

I follow the same steps (that I know of).

•  Create new custom connector - Import an OpenAPI file.
    • I enter a connector name and select my swagger file and import.  There are no warnings or errors I can see.
  • On the General Information screen Adman_-_General_Information.png
    • I select connect via on-premises data gateway (I use the same gateway as other working custom connectors)
    • I select HTTP (which I also selected on working custom connectors)
    • Both the Host and the Base URL are correct (although the Host appears different to protect the innocent)
  • On the Security Panel
    • I make no changes and leave No Authentication
  • On the Definition Panel everything appears correct
    • I see my 5 actions and I click on each one and confirm that everything looks correct 
    • I switch to the Swagger editor Adman_-_Definition.pngand again everything looks correct
    • I then save the custom connector.
  • I now go the Test Panel
    • I select my newly created connection
    • I see my five Operations Adman_-_Test_1.png
    • I select GetAllAds (which is the easiest as there are no parameters) and click on Test operation
    • The test fails Adman_-_Test_2.png
  • I go to the Definition Panel and all the definitions are gone. Adman_-_Definition_2.png

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to create custom connector for REST api

As a follow up to this issue I created a new version of this same connector using the same OpenApi file but giving it a different name and it is saved correctly.  So I'm thinking that there is nothing that I'm doing wrong on my end.

How do I get in touch with Microsoft to report this.  When I click on the report an issue link it takes me right back to the Community forums.

Thanks,

rogersonra

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

verythinRe: Unable to create custom connector for REST api

did you find a solution? im having the same issue... everything is fine, swagger editor works fine, only when it comes to testing the action i fail

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: verythinRe: Unable to create custom connector for REST api

Are you trying to connect to an IBM i (AS400)? That is my case.

The api that I was attempting to connect to could be called by myserver/customer to show all customers.  When I created the custom connector and tested this worked.

But when I added state to the path (myserver/customer/CA) it failed with the error we've seen.

On a recommendation from a colleague I created myserver/customer/123 to get the customer details for customer 123.  This worked.

So if the parameter is a number (the customer number is a number) it works.  If the parameter is a string (state is a string) then it fails.

Like you, I looked at the swagger and can't see any issues.

If I find the issue I'll update this message.  And if you find a solution please update this message.

Thanks,

rogersonra

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,053)