Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HFG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Exporting data to Excel from Dataverse for Teams

Hello, 

Does anyone know if it's possible to export data from Dataverse for Teams to an Excel? Would I need to pass through Power Automate? 

Thanks

HFG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @HFG,

Currently there is no export data feature on Dataverse for Teams. You would need to use Power Automate to pull the records out using the CDS connector and then insert the rows into an Excel table  using the Excel Online connectors.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @HFG,

Currently there is no export data feature on Dataverse for Teams. You would need to use Power Automate to pull the records out using the CDS connector and then insert the rows into an Excel table  using the Excel Online connectors.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks @ChrisPiasecki

Hi @ChrisPiasecki , 

I have another question I'm hoping you might have the answer to.

The current solution uses SharePoint as the data source for PowerApps. Unfortunately, we hit an issue with doing an Excel report using Power Query so had to revert to Power Automate. The problem is that there will soon be more than 5000 rows in one of the tables and we will hit the problem that Power Automate cannot handle this many rows. Do you know if the 5000 rows limit is an issue between Power Automate and Dataverse for Teams? I imagine it is.

If so, can you think of any other way I can get information from a table with more than 5000 rows into an Excel? The Excel itself will have no more than a few hundred lines, but will need to find and pull information from the table that has more than 5000. I hope that makes sense. 

Thanks 

Hi @HFG,

For the List Records action on the CDS connector, click settings, then turn Pagination on and increase your limit to up 100k. If you need to export more than that, you'll need to parse the skip token manually and fetch records in a do until loop until the skip token is empty. This is explained in detail in the article below.

http://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2021/01/retrieve-more-than-100000-dataverse.html?m=1

---

HFG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,796)